Last modified: August 8, 2019
This policy also provides information about how third parties may use such technologies in association with the operation of our Services.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser allows us to recognize and remember you. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (using a “persistent” cookie). When you use our Services, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
2. Purpose and types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
- Technical/Strictly Necessary: These cookies do not store any personal information, but are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the website. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for service, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognize our registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Functionality: These cookies to allow us to remember your preferences on your account. For example, we use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services, such as search parameters, email, notification frequency - e.g., allowing you to watch a video online or receive an alerts. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, many of the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance: We use these cookies to monitor our Services’ performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to track error messages, and to determine improvements to our Services. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you.
- Targeting: These cookies are set by us and our advertising partners to record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We, and our advertising partners, will use this information to make the website, and, the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you, but will limit the targeted advertising that you will see, or limit our ability to tailor the website experience to your needs.
- Third Party and Social Media: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to our websites that enable you to share our content with your colleagues, friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages that you see on other websites that you visit. Blocking these cookies you may prevent you from seeing the social media sharing tools.
- Flash Cookies: These cookies are set to display video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they're managed differently by your browser. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings. Please note, if you disable Flash cookies it may affect the services that we can provide, such as videos.
- Tracking Technologies Including Pixels, Script, Web Beacons/Gifs, Page Tags: These files, or, code may be included in our emails and mobile apps to record how you interact with us, to help us better analyze and improve our services to you. You can block the cookies either through your browser or device settings, and these settings will apply to all cookies whether included on websites or in emails. However, in some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, the files may be automatically accepted (for example, when you've added an email address to your address book or safe senders list).
- Tracking Via Mobile Apps: When you use our mobile applications, we may record information unique to you that are associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within the App, and, your network location. This information is used to measure and improve the performance of our App, to help us to know elements are the most and least popular, and, see how visitors move around the App itself. This helps us to improve the way the App works and improve user experience. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Our Services may use third party cookies that fall into the categories above for the following reasons:
- to help us monitor traffic to our Services (like many companies, we use Google Analytics to do this)
- to identify fraudulent or non-human traffic
- to assist with market research
- to improve Site functionality
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy
You can prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites):
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Opera
For more information about cookies and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org, review your device user manual, or seek online help files.
We will update this cookie notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice through the Service or by other means.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests regarding this cookie notice, or our processing of your information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org